It's pretty exciting because:
- I LOVE birthdays.
- Daniel and I have been celebrating all week.
- I have an exciting weekend ahead with lots of family and fun.
- I love getting older. Each birthday is like a special milestone. I feel older, more accomplished, and wiser. Even if it's just in my head, I love it.
And for my birthday, instead of making this all about me, I want to know more about you. In a comment, tell me one thing (or two or three) that you remember about being 23. What were you doing at 23? What were your goals? Fears? Ambitions? Dreams? Please share, I'd love to learn more about all of you and what you were like at 23!
9 comments:
Hi Alicia!
Lucky for me it is really easy to remember what was going on for me at 23 because I still am! For me, I have been hoping the whole year so far that I would have a good pregnancy and that Chris and I will be able to provide for our baby. I have plenty of fears but they are all silly but I do have the goal to move outta Colorado within the next 6 months. Not sure where yet, but I am trying to figure everything out.
Happy Birthday!
Oh boy. 23 started out as a hard year for me. I had graduated for college and Matt had one more year. We were struggling with infertility, and I feared I'd never get pregnant. I had an okay job, but I resented it because I didn't want to be working, I wanted to be home with a baby. Plus my boss yelled at me on occasion. Our main goals were to get pregnant and have Matt find a job after he graduated.
Happily, 23 ended much better than it began. I did get pregnant thanks to a fertility drug, and we had a healthy baby on the way (though I was a little perturbed she didn't arrive until I was 24! Stinker). Matt did get a job and we moved to Las Vegas. We went on a dream trip to Italy. It was great.
I hope you're 23rd year is wonderful! I'm glad you're enjoying your birthday.
Happy birthday dear!!! I didn't see your post yesterday, I didn't see anyone's posts yesterday. :) I hope you had a good day.
Are you coming today?
My post will probably sound a lot like one of the previous. At 23 I was graduating from college, looking for a job and also struggling with infertility. Trenton still had 2 years of pharmacy school left, so I really needed to work anyways. Shortly before graduation I dealt with the sorrows of miscarriage, but also had hope in new beginnings- with a move and a new job. I found a great job with a nice schedule and learned new skills. Shortly before I turned 24 I found out I was pregnant again and this time things worked out wonderfully and we were able to have Jace that next summer. Twenty-three was a wonderful age. Full of trials and change, but resulting in many blessings.
Way back in the day when I was 23, Stu and I just bought our first house, I had my first official full year teaching job, and we were trying to get pregnant - rather unsuccessfully. It was a busy year. Parker was starting soccer and we were trying to get to as many games as possible. Oh, and I was YW leader for these crazy miamaids.. oh man they were so hard to love! (wink, wink!)
Happy Birthday Alicia!
As always, I really enjoyed visiting with you and Daniel this weekend.
I would love to remember something of being 23. I know that that was the year when I sold our first house in West Richland And moved to Kennewick. I was so proud of myself. When I say "I" sold the house I mean it in the most literal sense. I put the adds in the paper, I did all the paperwork. I even looked up and found everything that the guy who bought it would need. At the time I didn't realize what a big deal it was. I was just doing what had to be done. Don couldn't help because he worked such weird hours so it was in my lap. When I think back on that now though I can NOT believe that I did the whole thing all by myself.
My problem is that I don't remember specificly being 23. I just know that I didn't get pregnant with Kelly until we had moved into the Kennewick house. I know that I was 24 when he was born, so by the proccess of elimination, I realize that I must have been 23.
I wish I had, had something like a blog back then. I might actually remember a lot more of my younger life.
Good post by the way, it makes you think.
Happy belated Birthday. What a weekend! I had Ellysa six days before my 23rd birthday. I spent that year doing alot of growing up!
I had just met Hiram in our singles ward. It was a fun time in my life! You are way ahead of where I was at 23! Hope you had a GREAT birthday! Love you!
Great idea for a post!
Happy (late) birthday!
Lets see....when I was 23 I was a new mother of a 3 month old. During the second half of my 23rd year we bought our first home.... a cute yellow rambler.
Great memories....
Post a Comment