Today I went to work at 7:30. We're doing a summer flex schedule, so I come in a little early each day, take a half an hour lunch, and get an extra day off every other week. I'm excited because tomorrow's my day. I have big plans to visit my favorite baby and kick it in Fircrest with Mike and Cindy!
Anyway, after a long day at work in my extra hot office, I got to go to dinner with my family to celebrate my sister's graduation from high school. I then got to return to Saint Martin's and sit in a stuffy pavilion while hundreds of students were celebrated. I think we were all ready to bolt after the 50th round of Pomp and Circumstance...I really should find that song and attach it to this post. That way you don't have to be jealous that I got to sit through an hour of it. I was assuming this would be the second to last graduation I'd have to attend, because my youngest brother is the only one left now. I was informed after sitting through this one that the exchange student my parents will be hosting next year will also be graduating next June. I think I'm going to be better prepared next time with a Slurpee in one hand and a noise maker in the other. Because really, who wants to clap when there are so many other fun noises to choose from.
The real fun started after graduation ended and we got to take pictures!
My favorite thing was to make Rachel pose with me!
My favorite thing was to make Rachel pose with me!
5 comments:
You are pretty darn cute.
That cracks me up that you forgot about Nathan.
And I really agree with you about Graduations. I think they are that insufferable.
I liked the pictures too. When Donald graduated the big sign at the mall said "Congratulations new Grads of 19--" (how lame that the year isn't coming to mind) Anyway, I thought it would make for a cool picture to get him wearing his cap and gown standing underneath that huge sign. It didn't all fit in the shot unfortunately so he climbed up the supports until he was right up there with the sign. I kept expecting mall security to come by and chew us out but they never did and now we have some really cool pictures.
Half way through your post I was wondering about Nathan. 3 weeks isn't very long. Where did he go?
Congratulations Rachel! Hope you guys had a good party. :)
Why do all of you Green girls have to grow up and make me feel old?? I can't believe that Rachel is old enough to graduate. Tell her congrats for me. And btw, your pictures were great. They made me smile!
Poor Nathan :)
Congrats to Rachel! What will she be doing in the fall? And where is the exchange student coming from?
(so many questions!)
Post a Comment