Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Camping part 1

The weekend after we got back from Idaho, we joined our good friends Joey and Brianne on a little camping trip.  This was something new for Daniel and I.  In the five years we've been together (our 4th wedding anniversary is coming up in a couple weeks) we'd never gone camping.  I actually didn't think we'd ever go camping, as Daniel is the kind of guy that really prefers being comfortable to being outside sleeping on an air mattress. 

Anyway, we couldn't turn down the invitation to try camping with our friends, and it worked out to be a really great time.  I was hesitant about camping at 25 weeks, seeing as I usually have a couple trips to the bathroom in the middle of the night and at a State Park, you never know how close to the bathroom you'll be, or ow scary/sanitary the bathrooms are.

We ended up camping at Sequim Bay State Park, and had a site that was almost right across from a surprisingly clean restroom.  It worked out perfectly, and I had no complaints. 

I'd never been to Sequim before but I'd heard it was the driest spot in all of Washington.  When we got there, it looked more like we were in California, and it was perfectly sunny and warm without a cloud in the sky.  I can definitely see going back there maybe in the winter, for a break from all the rain we get!  Here are some pictures from the first part of our adventure!

The view along Hwy 101 on the way up the Peninsula
Apparently Sequim is known for its lavender fields.  This was a lavender farm we stopped at.
Yes, we tried Lavender Ice Cream...it tasted good going down, but burping lavender essence hours later wasn't so great.
There was a wedding going on at the farm.  It was such a nice day and a beautiful backdrop.
I don't have anything to say about this picture, except I was camping...not my most glamorous moment (and still feeling frumpy)!

Daniel was putting his Eagle Scout skills to use monitoring the fire...ha!

Camping part 2, our excursion to visit the Dungeness Spit coming soon!

No comments: