Monday, October 25, 2010

I'm ready.



some of the ladies from the church baby shower
a beautiful baby blanket


my mother-in-law and mom at my church baby shower


the hair bows, onesies, and 'H' which were lovingly crafted at my baby shower


the crib quilt I designed and my mom created!
38 weeks (and no signs of imminent labor)


the bassinet my mother-in-law decorated


the beautiful blessing dress my mom made with leftover wedding dress fabric


one corner of the nursery


the car seat with snugly pink thing for keeping baby warm


bouncer


the 'H' they made at my church baby shower


Boppy cover I made all by myself!


 The 'H' is for Hannah, by the way, and yes we're still eagerly anticipating her arrival.  After three hours of contractions coming every 5 minutes Sunday morning (which sadly never got very intense, and faded away during sacrament meeting), there's been very little progress to suggest that she's in any hurry to make her arrival. 

Right now I'm feeling relatively patient with the whole situation (although that changes hourly!).  The way I'm seeing things, each day she waits I get one more night of decent sleep, and another day with just Daniel and I.  In anticipation of what may have been our last baby free weekend, we spent Saturday relaxing.  I slept in till 8:30, had breakfast in bed (fresh pineapple and fruity pebbles) and then read Catching Fire till 1:00.  It was perhaps the best Saturday I've had.  Ever.  I didn't even feel guilty for spending so much time relaxing!

Tonight for Family Home Evening, we decided we should probably figure out where the Family Birth Center is at the hospital.  As part of our child birth classes, we had been on a tour, but we'd gotten there from a different building on the hospital campus, by walking through a tunnel that connected the two buildings.  So we had no idea how it get to  it from the parking lot or main road. We determined that when I'm in labor, we're not going to want to drive around guessing if we're headed in the right direction.  It's nice to have that taken care of now.

3 comments:

Heidi D said...

That quilt is so adorable. I love it. I think I'll have to have aunt Linda help me with my quilt. : )

I'm really excited for you! So excited that I'm commenting on your post.

Diane Burnett said...

You look so darling pregnant!! I LOVE all of your baby things! How exciting for you. I miss those days. Enjoy every second, because they are gone before you know it :)

ggkunz said...

What a cute haircut! I'm sure you are very excited for your little girl to arrive. Good luck with everything. Rosalie