my laptop died a slow death over the summer. thankfully it held out until Daniel got his first paycheck at the end of September, but it needed replacing. I'm now posting from my new tablet. it is great at surfing the internet, but the lack of keyboard makes it a little less functional for blogging. I'm slow at typing, and unsure how to add pictures from my camera (maybe its as easy as moving an sd card...i just haven't tried it).
so anyway, in the months wherein I wasn't blogging, several really great things happened for our family. the most exciting was that we got to move! with Hannah so mobile and busy all the time, our apartment was feeling smaller and smaller, and i kept thinking of more things i didn't like about it. Daniel was on a business trip in Ohio when my mom and I went to check out a duplex/townhouse that i found on craigslist (where else would you look for housing...) It was perfect. Daniel and I had contemplated buying a house, and I had a list of requirements for my house...we had looked at several houses, and none of them matched my list the way this duplex does. It should be good for the next year or two while we work on replenishing our savings to make the eventual homebuying process more comfortable. the Only downside to this move was that we changed wards, which has been sadder than I anticipated. i know it can take a while to mesh with a new ward, so I'm really hoping that before too long we'll feel more at home in our new ward.
the other really great thing that happened was that we became a two car family. which is so wonderful. Hannah and I can now run errands and go to the children's museum and the library whenever we want. to say we are grateful would be an understatement.
Hannah turned one on November 1st, we moved on Daniel's birthday, November 11th, and got the car on the 18th, so it was a pretty busy month, but we are feeling very blessed.
1 comment:
Wow, that is busy! But sounds like some great things have happened for you. Never underestimate the freedom a car can give a stay-at-home mom!
Post a Comment