Wednesday, June 25, 2008

True of False: It's the raisins that make Kellogs Raisin Bran so great...

I suggest that it is FALSE...

One of my favorite cereals is Raisin Bran Crunch. I love the mild sweetness and the bran flakes, and it's healthy. It is even one of the few cereals I will buy the name brand (if it's on sale)...but I'm not a big fan of the raisins. I know the raisins are probably the reason most people choose that cereal over others, but it is the biggest turn off for me. Fortunately I have come up with a solution. Each morning when I pour myself a bowl of raisin bran crunch, I pick out each raisin by hand and throw them away. I then grab a big handful of craisins from our Costco size bag, and sprinkle them on top. The flavor of Craisin bran crunch is so much better, that the extra few minutes of picking out raisins is completely justified. Daniel thinks I'm crazy, but it's only because I haven't taken the time to make him a bowl of Crasin Bran Crunch. Try it.

3 comments:

Lisa Christine said...

I'm with you. I love the bran flakes....but I can't stand raisins. Yuck. They make me cringe acutally.

SuzanSayz said...

That sounds perfectly reasonable to me. There are a lot of products I would like better if they had no raisins.

Cindy Brinkerhoff said...

I think you're all crazy - it's a perfectly wonderful food as it is - Raisins and all! (it's also the only name brand cereal in our cupboard!)