Monday, October 20, 2008

Pictures from the weekend

Daniel and I had a fabulous weekend, the only downside was that we were so busy! To start off the weekend, I went with Rachel to get a manicure. She went to homecoming this weekend, and needed somebody to go with her to the salon...obviously it wasn't a problem to join her! It was her first time getting a manicure or pedicure, and I think she liked it, I know I always do! Then later Friday night, Daniel's parents were driving up from Oregon and stopped by to take us out to Dairy Queen where we ran into my parents on their Friday night date.

Then on Saturday, we ran all over town getting costumes ready for the big Halloween party that night. We were planning on going as a frog and princess, but when nothing was working out for either costume, and we found ourselves in the middle of Goodwill, and Daniel had an idea, and there was no putting it to rest until it was carried out! Daniel decided we would go as an old couple...but not just any old couple, He wanted to be the Grandma, and I would be the grandpa. He found the perfect dress to wear (which isn't that easy considering Daniel's six-four, a little larger than the average grandma) and I had my makeup bag ready for him. Here are the pictures from our evening:

I never thought, or even wanted to see my husband like this! I'm glad it doesn't happen regularly!

I wish there had been shoes large enough to fit this grandma's feet!

My mom's attempts of making me into a grandpa...



Yes, these pictures are a little scary, and very wrong, but we ended up having a lot of fun at the party, and will definitely remember this night.

On Sunday we had the Primary Program, and it was stressful! I sat in the very front row on the stand with 4 energetic little sunbeams. Daniel had the easy ones in the second row. By the end, the two on the end were jumping off their chairs yelling hy-yah each time they were supposed to stand up to sing. I guess it's to be expected with sunbeams, but I sure felt like everybody was watching me wondering why I didn't have control over my class. They were all so cute though, that it was hard not to laugh at them. We ended up having a very laid back class with coloring and matchbox cars, and leftover goodies from primary. I think they enjoyed themselves and felt good about their program. Then last night, one of our littlest sunbeams left us a delicious loaf of garlic-herb bread and a thank you note. We were visiting my parents, so we missed him, but it's really sweet of him, and totally makes me love teaching those energetic adorable little boys!

11 comments:

Em and Ms said...

That is hilarious! You guys are brave. And I'm pretty sure that's what people love most about the Primary program--seeing what funny things the sunbeams will do! I'm sure their parents were more embarrassed than you :)

SuzanSayz said...

One year Heidi and her best friend Travis went as an old man and woman they also switched genders with each other. Travis had on a truly awful looking (but extremely accurate)old lady dress. It was huge on him so we stuffed him full of pillows and he looked hilarious. Heidi was the old man and she was an absolute scream. Those two played off of each other so well, they had me laughing so hard I could barely breath. I wish I could have seen you and Daniel that night in person.

Anne Bennion said...

You did excellent with the sunbeams. They totally love you guys.....and we are grateful that you both are such great teachers!

Love the prep pictures from your costumes. You guys were hilarious!

Diane Burnett said...

Pretty creative!! Thanks for sharing!

Cindy Brinkerhoff said...

That was a great idea. I love it! We are planning a little get together over here this weekend for Matthews 18th birthday if you and Daniel would like to join us. Roast beef dinner and cake after church!

Anonymous said...

OH MAN! I laughed so loud Jeff came upstairs to see what the commotion was. So great!

Lisa Christine said...

OK, I am dying! Those are the funniest pictures ever!!!! Thanks for sharing :)

The Donald said...

Those are AWESOME! We have our primary program tomorrow, and I will be sitting with the CTR 5. And it is my last week in primary too. :( I am getting a different calling.

Diane Burnett said...

Tag, you are it! Look on my blog!

SuzanSayz said...

Alicia I thought I had mentioned this but apparently not. The last picture of you (the one after your mom helping you) You look JUST like Brian. I could't believe the resemblance.

Mike 'n' Cindy Brinkerhoff said...

Wow.. Somehow, I completely missed this post until today??

AWESOME COSTUMES!!

And Susan totally stole my thought, you did look shockingly Brianish...

But Daniel.. Ohh La La!!