Thursday, October 16, 2008

Random updates

Daniel and I were in charge of the cub scout activity for all the boys this last week, and we had to make a quick stop at the store for refreshments on the way to the church. We were in a hurry, so we didn't want to waste time wandering around trying to find what we were looking for. Daniel found a store helper (I don't know what the official title is) and asked (this is a real quote) "if they had any of the cheap boxes of doughnuts that taste like crap and are waxy" Without missing a beat, the store helper replied "Oh, you mean Hostess?" That was exactly what we were looking for, and we were quickly on our way. I especially loved that the guy knew exactly what we were asking for, even though the description Daniel gave was some what abstract.

Life as of late has been very busy. I feel like we're on the go most nights each week, running around town and getting things ready for various church activities. Time is going quickly though. I love my new job, and really hope that I'm able to stay permanent here (Saint Martin's instated a hiring freeze which allowed me to begin my new position, but only as a temporary placement...hopefully everything will end well with that) Daniel's still doing well in his classes. He's in Economics, JAVA and C+. They're on-line this quarter, so the lucky boy doesn't have to take the bus this anymore.

And now for an update about future plans with regards to moving not. I'm sure some of you are still mildly interested if nothing else, So...(insert drum roll here...) After lots of thought, prayer, and pro's and con's, we have decided that Daniel will attend Saint Martin's for their spring semester. He'll get free tuition there, plus some financial aid. This is a deal that's hard to turn down, and since he's still finishing up some classes that will transfer when he goes to the more specialized program at UW-Tacoma there's no reason to pass this up. So things are looking good in Daniel's educational future. Hopefully everything will continue to fall into place and go smoothly for him.

We've got a couple Halloween parties coming up, and for days we've been stewing over what to dress up as. I thought we'd make a good John McCain and Sarah Palin, but Daniel disagreed. It was also tempting to go as Bella and Edward from Twilight...Daniel would make a good vampire...but again he disagreed. We finally settled on dressing up as a frog-prince and princess. I've got to get to work on figuring out these costumes! The first party is 2 days away! We'll make sure and get some pictures to share!

9 comments:

Anne Bennion said...

You better post some of the costume pictures. I also thought of Edward and Bella for Stu and I but Stu wasn't so sure. Our costumes are a surprise and we can't wait to reveal pictures of them soon!

Em and Ms said...

That is hilarious about the donuts. Glad to hear you like your new job and things are getting decided for you guys. I agree, we definitely need to see pictures of these costumes! I'm horrible when it comes to costumes for Matt and I. It's usually completely last minute and not very good. At least we've got Madelyn figured out! She'll be a BYU cheerleader. Nice and easy.

Mike 'n' Cindy Brinkerhoff said...

Not Moving = EPIC WIN (for us AND you)

Edward & Bella would be perfect... A few years ago, when your mom showed us a picture of this boy that you had become engaged to, the first words out of my mouth were, "Does she know that he's a vampire?" No lie. Perhaps his refusal to wear the costume is/should be telling you something??

SuzanSayz said...

I really have been wondering what you two would decide to do. It sounds like you have chosen well. Oh and don't let ANYONE talk you into Edward and Bella. Don't they have any idea how many Edwards and Bellas there will be this halloween. I love the frog prince and princess. And to shake it up even more, you should be the frog prince and Daniel could be the princess.

Natalie Benavides said...

Hey thanks! I enjoyed reading your update. Its been forever since I've seen you its good to know what's going on. Don't be edward and bella, that will be sooo overdone this halloween!

Tiffany said...

I can't wait to see pics of your halloween costumes. Sounds like you guys are enjoying yourselves!

Cindy Brinkerhoff said...

Glad you are staying close by. We hardly see you as it is! I love Suzans idea to shake up the costume, switching it would be hilarious! Can't wait to see the pictures either way.

Abby is gettign huge, she has gained 15+ pounds and we will be home all weekend. Dinner and Wii?

The Donald said...

I think Daniel should go as a big crappy plastic tasting donut. That would be hilarious!

The Donald said...

Oh yes, I just saw that you have a Bennion Family on your sidebar. If it is the Stuart that I am thinking of, he grew up here in Kennewick, and his little brother Kurt was Heidi's husband Jeff's best friend throughout school.

Small world huh?