Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Updates...more later.

Since I've been the world's best blogger over the last month or so...I figured an update might be in order. I just wish I had pictures to complement this post. Unfortunately the camera I've had since my freshman year of college has all but kicked the bucket, and I'm hoping there's a new one hiding in a box under the tree!

We've had a couple fun things happen lately, we got a new couch the weekend after thanksgiving (this is one place a picture would be nice! Assuming the camera I've been hoping for comes in a couple days, I'll add pictures of all these things). The couch looked a lot smaller in the store than it does in our apartment, but it's comfy and we love it.
We also got a real live Christmas tree, and so far our cats have not knocked it over. This alone is impressive, and we've loved having a Christmas tree with all the lights and decorations. It's fun being festive and decorative. This year our tree is themed and probably will be until we have kids who bring home fun ornaments. At that point I'm sure we'll have a hodge-podge tree with lots of colors and shapes, but for now it's red and gold and beautiful!

Another fun update is that we got new cell phones, and new phone numbers. All who want my phone number, or Daniel's should e-mail me, because as much as I love the blogging community and trust those around me, I don't feel good about posting my phone number for all to see. My e-mail is aliavalon17@juno.com. Since we switched carriers, we were able to get a really good deal on cool touch screen phones. It has been a fun upgrade, even though I don't use very many of the features.

One last piece of noteworthy news is that I've had snow days! Obviously most of the US has had snow over the last week, but I have really enjoyed these days off. Last week I had Wednesday through Friday off, and I had yesterday off too. I had to go to work today, but it was 2 hours delayed, and we're going to be getting out early because of more snow coming and in honor of Christmas Eve. It has been so cozy staying home with Daniel and watching movies together. We've also gotten to spend a lot of time with my family playing games and eating together. As inconvenient as it was to have snow from November to May while we were living in Rexburg, it was blissful to have a nice break from work over this past week.

I'm now off from work and ready to enjoy another week of Christmas break. In case it isn't clear, I love having a job where we get snow days and Christmas break days.

Merry Christmas to all, and enjoy the season!

5 comments:

Lisa Christine said...

Hurray! You're back :) I have missed your posts!

Have a merry christmas Alicia! I hope you get that camera....I would love to see your mew couch.

Em and Ms said...

Yeah, a job like that isn't typical! That's awesome that you guys were able to just relax together and enjoy your new couch and beautiful Christmas tree! You're ahead of us...we've been married 5 years and still haven't bought a new couch--just hand-me-downs and garage sales for us :) Merry Christmas! I hope you get a new camera from Santa too.

Heidi D said...

Yay, you doing your blog again! I'm so glad. I hope you get your camera, I want some pictures of your new couch.

Next year, I would like to go to Seattle for Christmas. I heard Richard's house is where it's izat. :)

SuzanSayz said...

Wooh Hooh! Alicia, has written a new post! You have left a whole in the fabric of my personal little blogoshere Alicia.

Now onto my commenting.

You are so right about your couch looking so much larger in your house than it did in the store. It's always like that, the same kind of thing happens with paint colors as well. You may have noticed already, that the paint color on the little color card, always looks different, when applied and dried, than it does on that sample card. The funny thing is, when you hold the card up to the dried paint on the wall it really is the exact match, it's just completely different looking when it's such a large scale application.
Hmmm, boy did I just get off subject.
Well it's good to read a fresh post from you. I'm hoping right along with you that there is a camera under that tree just shivering with excitment, to be opened and put into service.
I have enjoyed so much these last few months getting to know you so much better, in an adult to adult relationship, and also getting to know your sweet, funny, and cute husband Daniel.
Merry Christmas to you both, Love Aunt Susan!

Mike 'n' Cindy Brinkerhoff said...

Well THAT explains why I wasn't able to reach you by phone on Christmas Eve!

Please to email us your new numbers!! (both@mikeymix.com)