I saw these journal ideas on another blog, and figured it would be a good post. Eventually I'll post some pictures (after all, I did get the camera I've been hoping for, and the pictures have been taken).
Outside my window: It's very grey, and it looks really cold, I'm glad to be inside.
I am thinking: I've been thinking about a lot of things lately. Yesterday I read the transcripts from the Round Table Discussion which was broadcast during the World Leadership Training Meeting in February 2008, and it's really stuck with me. It's so full of truth, and it's one of my favorite things to read and re-read over and over again. It's all about eternal families, and each section is wonderful. For those interested, it's available here. It's a long one, but I promise you it's good. My favorite part is the section titled "Bearing Children in Faith". I love the comparison to paying tithing.
I am thankful for: the wonderful people that surround me. I love living close to my parents and extended family, and Daniel's family. I'm also grateful for the friends we've made in our ward over the last year. It's one of my favorite things to spend time with those I love.
I am wearing: My favorite work pants. I love the pants cause they're the most stylish, but they are not the most comfortable...I'm also wearing a not so favorite sweater. My work wardrobe could really use some touch ups...so could my general wardrobe, but that's a whole separate post!
I am creating: a new post for my neglected blog. If I had a working computer at home, I might post more frequently, but again, my lap top has given up. Hopefully Daniel will get to fixing it sometime!
I am going: I'm already at work for the day, and I'll be here till 5:00. After that Daniel and I are going to the gym (assuming he remembers to bring my mp3 player). Then we're going to go home and have dinner, and maybe watch an episode of House. That's pretty much our usual routine!
I am reading: Right now I'm in the middle of three books. I'm almost done with White Oleander, but it got overly depressing, so I haven't actually finished it yet. Someday maybe. It's sitting on the edge of my kitchen table as a constant reminder that it was left unfinished. I'm also in the middle of John Grisham's The Appeal. This is a little more interesting, and I'm actively reading it right now. The third book is the Book of Mormon. I think I'm always in the middle of that one somewhere.
I am hoping: I'm hoping for guidance and answers as Daniel and I contemplate the big scary decisions of our future. The words of Church Leaders make me feel peaceful and calm (probably why I keep re-reading the article I mentioned earlier). I know there are a lot of decisions to make, ie. house? baby? education? car? etc. and it will all work out, but it's a little intimidating being in the thick of it.
I am hearing: the printer, and other office noises. Blogging at work? You betcha! At this moment, I have nothing better to do. We're past the first two weeks of school (which were crazy busy with overtime etc.), but things will be gearing up again tomorrow, as we start processing student's financial aid refunds. This will be a good thing for us, because for Daniel, free tuition+financial aid= refund!
Around the house: Since I'm not there, I can only assume that right now there's a husband who's studying and two kitties who are most likely sleeping. The house is not spotless, but it's not a disaster yet...After all, it's only Wednesday.
One of my Favorite things: Right now one of my favorite things are Skinny Cow ice cream sandwiches. They're healthy and delicious and perfect for dessert!
Plan for the rest of the week: Work, exercise, relax. Friday we're going to visit Daniel's family, and Saturday we're going to the temple. It's going to be a good weekend!
4 comments:
Wow, it seems like there's an epidemic of blogger's computers breaking down!
Every time one of them goes down, I make the same offer: I have a slightly aged PC that I'd be happy to donate to your cause - let me know if you want it!
BTW - you didn't mention coming to our house this weekend, but you still are, right? Maybe on the way to or from Daniel's parents' house?
It's nice to see a new post Alicia! You have been missed. It sounds like you and Daniel have a pretty good life going. And I know how hard it can be when what you really want is a baby, but be sure and enjoy all this wonderful couple time you have right now. There will come a time, sooner than it seems, when you two won't be able to just do things together any time you want. I got really nostalgic reading about you two going to the gym together. I kinda wish now that Don and I had, had a little more time to just be a couple, because once you have children it's a whole different life. In fact I think that one of the biggest lessons in life is to love whatever part of your life you are in. And it sounds like you are doing a pretty good job of that!
Those pesky adult/life decisions are always looming. It seems like just when you think you have got everything going nicely, a new major decision rares it's ugly head. Keep reading those talks. They will keep you going. Thank goodness for good church leaders.
I almost picked up the White Oleander at Good Will last weekend. I remembered the movie looked really depressing though, so I left it behind. I am re-reading the Narnia Chronicles. I pick out my favorite books of the series. I blaze through those. They are like potato chip books. :)
Post a Comment