This is the new couch...which as promised, looks huge in our small apartment. Someday it will fit just right in our home!

This is a cat condo we worked on building with Daniel's dad over christmas break. We left one weekend, and came back the next and it was 6 feet tall!

This was our beautiful christmas tree. Decorated from the top half up...mostly cause of two certain pesky cats.

This would be my Wesley cat. He doesn't get to go outside very often, because we don't have a yard. When we take him with us to Daniel's parent's house, he get some supervised backyard time. This was on adventure he was having, and I don't know what he was looking at, but you can tell he's focused.

This is Wesley in his usual position, perched on top of a blanket. That is one of our favorite blankets by the way. I wanted to make Daniel a quilt for christmas when we were first dating, because the silly boy slept in a sleeping bag. He loved this blanket, and it served him well till we got married. Now it's perfect for cuddling on the couch!

This is the finished cat tree in our living room. I had no idea it would get so huge, but the cats love it. Hopefully someday we'll have a larger living space or a basement where it can live. Right now if people came over, I think they'd assume we're crazy cat people...but then maybe we are.

While we're discussing blankets, this is a hilarious incident which happened one day while I was at work. Daniel was trying to be helpful, and do some laundry. This blanket (my senior quilt which I absolutely adore) needed to be washed, and Daniel started the load of laundry. I came home on my lunch break, started to switch the load from the washer to the dryer and found what looked like little bits of paper stuck to my blanket. I thought maybe there was a piece of paper that got mixed in with the laundry, but the more I looked, the more paper there was. It turns out that an entire box of envelopes had gotten knocked into the washing machine, and wen through the wash cycle. I don't know how this happened, but it definitely made for an amusing situation, and turned Daniel off from doing laundry for a while.
This is the back side of the blanket. At the time I had it draped over the shower curtain rod, and I was trying to beat off the wet paper. In case this ever happens to anyone out there, this worked for the most part. Then I put it in the dryer, took it out every 10-15 minutes and shook it outside like a parachute. It took quite a while, and a lot of work, but my quilt is as good as new, and there was no lasting damage...just a lot of laughs.
Last but not least, here is the most recent picture of us. A couple sundays ago, I noticed we were particularly matchey, so I had my parents take some pictures of us. I don't love getting my picture taken, but seeing as most of our pictures that we have are wedding/engagement, I figured we might as well give it a shot. Here we are:
I hope you enjoyed this picture post...I'll work on using more pictures, they are kind of fun.
6 comments:
I loved it!! Especially the couch and the cat tree... AWESOME cat tree!
I love picture posts!!
When Donald and I were young newly weds {ah..those were the days..} I would make us match every week when we went to church! He was a good sport about it. Now, with 3 daughters to get ready, there just isn't time to worry about us matching. Maybe this year for Easter....
Love the couch, it looks cozy!
Love the picture post. Since I've never actually met you in person it's fun to actually see what you're talking about. That is so funny about the envelopes in the wash. Sometimes Matt will match his tie to my dress on purpose. I think it's silly, but cute.
Loved the pictures Alicia. I can't believe the cat house, well I mean that you built it yourselves. I'm sure you have very happy Kitties, with a place like that for them. That is so funny about the "Great Box Of Envelopes In The Washing Machine Incident."
That will probably be good conversational fodder for years.
And the picture of you two is darling. Such beautiful children you will have one day!
Jeff and I want to make something like that for our cats.
I LOVE the picture post...I love when you post anything actually. :)
I love the picture post! The couch and cat tree are cool, but my favorite is the quilt incident! Way to go Daniel. Cute picture of you two a perfect couple!
Post a Comment