Happy Saint Patrick's day to all. I love this day because I love green. Maybe because Green was my last name for all but the last two and a half years of my life, maybe because it is so fresh and springy...or maybe I just love green. Either way I have an awesome outfit on today with a new green sweater. Regardless of the outfit, I've been feeling very off today.
This morning I woke up and I was still very tired, I hurried to get ready, ate a quick breakfast, and ran out the door. I wasn't late, but I wasn't as early as I'd hoped to be. I'm always early when Daniel comes with me for his classes, but he's on spring break this week, so I was alone, and running late. As I got out of the car I grabbed my lunch and book, but couldn't find my purse! I couldn't believe it, but I left my purse at home this morning. I never imagined being one of those people who couldn't function without a purse, but here I am, half way through my day and I'm still feeling off...just because I'm purse-less. Not only does this mean no drivers license (oops) or money (good thing I did remember my lunch), it also means no chap stick, no mints, no gum, no music during the day (my mp3 player is in my purse right now from the gym last night), and no cell phone. I can handle most things that get thrown at me during the day without music, mints etc...but this lack of chapstick is just about to kill me.
A few things I've been thinking about lately:
If I were to ever have twins, a boy and a girl, I would name them Oliver and Amanda. This is important, because my favorite books when I was a child were the Oliver and Amanda pig books. I loved them. I'm not pregnant, and I don't ever hope to have twins, but if this were to happen, I have a names!
I went to a relief society birthday last week and the topic was about "personal journeys". One of the talks really stuck out to me. The lady spoke of how things in our lives happen to us, to draw us closer to our Heavenly Father. I've been thinking about that, wondering what I should be learning from the events in my own life, and if I'm responding the right way. Am I letting myself be drawn back to my Father in Heaven?
I want so badly to go on a vacation. Even just a mini vacation like our train trip last year. Really though I found an awesome cruise this summer and we're currently trying to line up our schedules to go on a fabulous Caribbean adventure with our best friends from BYU-I. I really hope this works, it would be such a nice getaway. If not, I'll plan another long weekend away by train and pretend it's an exotic trip!
I've decided to join the book club for relief society. This month we're reading the Count of Monte Cristo. So far I love it as much as I liked the movie...although I'm still in the middle of it.
Also, what's with all the snow we've been having? I'm beginning to think that some global warming would be nice right about now. I'm ready for spring!
5 comments:
Snow? What snow? Global warming is in full effect down here. This week it's supposed to be in the 80s. We're headed to Disneyland! No chapstick is no fun. At least you know where your purse is!
Not too long ago, the chapstick I keep in my desk ran low, to where it scrapes your mouth to put it on... I'm not sure which is worse - no chapstick at all, or chapstick that actually makes the problem worse!
I hate forgetting my purse! I feel so empty without my daily things. I hope you guys do get to go on a vacation, that would be so fun! That's so weird you guys are getting so much snow up there, it's been in the 60s here, it's been so nice. But alas, we are supposed to get another storm this week. Can't wait for summer!
Oh a day without chapstick. Is anything more miserable.
I hope you can have your exotic vacation. If you can't have children yet, then you should at least get to enjoy the fun of not being tied down. The cruise sounds really fun!
Yay for the book club! We are so thrilled that you will be joining us. Keep reading - the middle part is where it starts to get even more exciting!
Post a Comment