I am so grateful for the birth of the Savior, for many reasons this Christmas season. I think it means more this year in light of the recent events. I am so grateful that I have the opportunity to look to Him for hope. To have the comfort of knowing He has felt the things I feel. To know that His life gives me peace.
Time continues on. There's no way to speed it up or slow it down. Somehow it's inevitable. I hope that next year I'll be able to look back and realize what a difference a year makes.
Family is wonderful. We had Christmas day with my whole family this year. It was so nice to have everybody home and happy. I love each of my siblings and the unique talents and personalities they bring to the family.
Daniel and I have a good marriage. We may not always see eye to eye, but we have fun learning, growing, and loving. I'm grateful for his companionship, love and support.
I'm looking forward to spring. I know it has only been winter for a week (technically), but I'm already looking forward to the buds on trees, flowers, and fresh air.
Now that Christmas is over, I'm ready for a new year. New goals. New opportunities. New experiences. 2009 was a good year. It had definite ups and downs, but I enjoyed the year. I have a feeling 2010 will be even better.
3 comments:
Glad to see a new post from you. :)
I'm also glad that you are trying to look on the bright side of life. Sometimes, I think that's the hardest thing to do. Well, it is for me anyways.
With such an excellent attitude Alicia, I'm sure that 2010 will be a good one for you.
And you want to know one of the things I'm looking forward to?
We can finally say "twenty ten". I'm so sick of "two thousand and ----". I actually kept hoping that somw clever news person would come up with some way around the whole "two thousand" thing. Unfortunatly by 2004, I pretty much figured that if there was anyone to help us find a way to reduce all those syllables they would have done it by then.
I can't wait for my first legitimate opportunity to say, twenty ten.
Hooray!!!!!!
Happy New Year, m'dear. I hope 2010 feels like a brand new start for you and that all of your dreams and wishes come true. Hugs!
Post a Comment