Monday, August 16, 2010

Saturday

It was a great weekend, even if it was so busy that I've got a dryer full of whites waiting to be folded (they've been there since Thursday night).

I've been thinking however, that one of the best parts of summer is the busyness.  I love having lots to do and enjoy.

We needed an oil change and tire rotation, and I had this idea that if we didn't have our car at the shop right when it opened, wouldn't be able to get anything else done that day.  So I dragged Daniel out of bed at 7:45 to make it to the shop by 8:00 so I could make it to the triathlon by 8:30.  We were the only ones there, but it was nice to get that out of the way.   

Early Saturday morning, I helped with this years triathlon.  Directing biker traffic was so, so much easier than participating.  A couple of people actually asked if I was participating.  I would have thought the 28 week pregnant belly would have been obvious, but perhaps not.  I enjoyed cheering for all those who did participate, because it made me remember all too clearly the emotional aspect of such a race.

My busy day had a quiet interlude where I had a quick lunch and prepared my Relief Society Lesson on the Church during Christ's time.     

After lunch Daniel and I did our grocery shopping (got some great produce at Fred Meyers), picked up our car from the shop, and then retreated to my parents pool.  There's nothing better than swimming on a hot summer afternoon.  The rest of the evening we spent enjoying the pool and their air conditioning.

We ended the trip with a second trip to Fred Meyer after a helpful tip-off from my mom that they had men's shorts on clearance for $7.00.  Daniel was down to one pair, so this wasn't something to pass up.  He's now got a couple more pairs and should be good for the rest of the summer. 

It was 10:30 when we finally got home, and I decided a root beer float was necessary for putting the finishing touches on my lesson.  It was an easy decision really.  I'd been having a couple days of near constant hunger(which leads me to think this little baby is starting a growth spurt!), and who knows the next time I'll be able to justify carrot cake after dinner, and a root beer float before bed! (Thank goodness I passed my gestational diabetes test!)

2 comments:

SuzanSayz said...

Whew!!! I just finished reading the last few months of your blog entries, that I have neglected due to my general "Out-of-the-blog-LOOPINESS"
I'm so happy for you and Daniel, Alicia, and how well your pregnancy and life as a whole is unfolding. I'm so thrilled that your mom will get to know the special joys of grandmahood. You are going to be a wonderful new mama and I'm sure that new baby girl will have new daddy Daniel wrapped around her tiny finger in no time.
TTFN

Brent and Nicole said...

Thanks for the sweet comments! Your post brought back memories of when me, you, Emily and Liz used to hang out in your parents pool. Those were good times...
I think it's time for you to post a belly picture for all to see. I can't wait to meet your little one! I am so excited for you!