This morning Daniel went to work! He got a job!! Let me say it one more time...in all caps:
HE GOT A JOB!!!
The ironic thing (although Daniel would correct me and say it's not technically ironic, per the definition of irony) is where he got a job. When I took over applying for jobs for Daniel, I decided to look for places where we have connections. Reluctantly, I looked at my old employer, Saint Martin's University. They happened to have a Database Administrator position open. I passed it by Daniel who said it would be a long shot that they'd be interested, but I submitted the application anyway. That was on a Friday. The following Monday they'd called and asked him to come in for an interview on Thursday. He came home from the interview said it went well, but that he'd forgotten to put on his dress shoes so he'd been wearing his athletic shoes with his dress clothes...we both laughed and said oh well. He'd had better leads and perfect interviews, that didn't amount to anything, so the wrong shoes didn't seem like a huge catastrophe.
The following Tuesday as we were packing up what seemed like our entire apartment to move up to Gig Harbor for two weeks the phone rang. Daniel began pacing the hallway, saying things like "Thank you" and "ok". I motioned thumbs up or thumbs down trying to get a clue at what he was hearing on the other end. He gave me a definite thumbs up and when he hung up, let me know he'd been offered a job. It took a while to sink in but here we are: A walking talking testament of a huge leap of faith. Things worked out, they always do. The Lord is good and we have been blessed.
And if I didn't have such a strong testimony of the Restored Gospel of Jesus Christ, I'd swear somebody is trying to make us Catholics!
3 comments:
Hurray!!! I am so happy for you two. I can imagine it's a huge burden off your shoulders.
Congratulations!! That is great news!
I'm so glad that Daniel has a job! That's super news!
Post a Comment