Friday, August 29, 2008

New Job

It has been too long since my last post, but mostly because there has been a severe lack of excitement when it comes to our lives. There is one thing that is worthy of mentioning, and that is my new job. I applied for a different position (still with Saint Martin's) a couple weeks ago, and had an interview last Thursday. It turns out I was the top candidate, and the office I will be working for is excited to have me, and I'm excited to join them. My new title is Student Loan Specialist. This will have to do with what I've been doing the last year, but will include additional responsibility: including billing, and in-house collections. Along with this responsibility comes a larger desk, my own filing cabinets and...a pay raise! I probably won't get to start for a couple weeks because of internal complications (the transition isn't perfectly seamless on both ends, but it will work). So wish me luck as I move from one side of the building to the other, and from giving money to taking it. I'm sure I'm going to get yelled at, but I'll also get the satisfaction of turning delinquent accounts over to collection agencies. This could be fun!

6 comments:

Mike 'n' Cindy Brinkerhoff said...

Hey, you get a pay raise, and if nothing else, you should get lots of good stories to spice up your blog!

Congratulations!!!

The Donald said...

Wow, that is so cool! Congrats cous!

SuzanSayz said...

That is incredibly good news Alicia. Also I have been wondering, have you and Daniel made your decision about moving to Vancouver or staying put. Nosy people want to know!

Anne Bennion said...

Congrats on the new job! They are always an adventure. By the way, you and your hubby are doing an excellent job with the Sunbeams. Geoff talks about you often and says how much he likes his teachers!

Diane Burnett said...

Congragulations, Alicia!! It's fun to see whawt is going on in your life!

Cindy Brinkerhoff said...

WOW- I just read this great news. I clearly need to get back to reading the blogs more often. Congratulations! You are so smart and capable, I just jnew you were going to get the offer.