Thursday, September 4, 2008

Wonderful Thursday!

A couple weeks ago I ordered a new mp3 player off of Woot! Since then, I've been waiting patiently for it's arrival and today it came. Daniel was home when it was delivered, and I gave him permission to hide it so it would be even more fun to get it. When I got home from work, he gave me a clue word. The word was "flower". All of a sudden, I realized how many floral things we have in our apartment. The couch we inherited from my grandma is floral, the quilt on the other couch is floral, and I have dried flowers and my wedding bouquet used as decorations all over. I started looking in the likely places but didn't find an mp3 player anywhere. I then noticed a couple things out of place in the kitchen and looked inside the bag of flour (really hoping it wasn't in there). I then checked the big cupboard under the sink, and this is what I found:














Apparently my subtle hints about the roses at Costco have paid off. It was a nice surprise and totally made my day. I love my mp3 player, and it came with some fun music already on it. It is refurbished, so I don't know if they forgot to wipe the hard drive or if it's sample music. Either way I'm pleased.

After much debate between my current office and the office I will be working for next, we finally established a start date. I'll start my new job on the 15th, so until then, I'll be enjoying my free time at work. After that, I may be a little busy, and won't have ALL DAY to look at blogs. We'll see how it goes. We're having a going away party for my boss at tomorrow, so I'm going to be making some cookies tonight. Happy Friday tomorrow!

6 comments:

Em and Ms said...

Ha ha, I love the Costco roses too, and have also been known to hint about them. How sweet of your hubby, and how fun for you! Good luck with the new job.

Lisa Christine said...

Good man Daniel!

Lcuky girl Alicia!

Mike 'n' Cindy Brinkerhoff said...

There are few things happier at our house, than Roses, and Woot! boxes.

Or Woot! shirt pouches. Tonight Cindy got her latest shirt, and it made her happy happy happy. She ordered a new mp3 player the other night too, and it shipped yesterday so we'll be looking for it soon too!

Congratulations on finally having a start date for the new job.... And we need to get together again! Love hanging out with you guys!

SuzanSayz said...

Daniel is such a sweetheart! Roses AND a WOOT, does life get any better? Good luck on your new job.

Cindy Brinkerhoff said...

Roses! I always knew Daniel was a special kind of man. I am glad you were surprised by flowers, you deserve them!

Nice job Daniel!

Anne Bennion said...

I remember the day when I used to get roses.....it was before there was a household of boys that constantly needed food and new clothes. Lucky you that you are still in the "rosy" stage of marriage!