My sister Rachel had a soccer game on Tuesday, and while I wasn't there (because I was at cubscouts...more on that later), I got to read about it last night. I will also be going to her home game tonight to cheer her on!
The Olympian posted an article all about the game. Here are a couple highlights:
"The Cougars also had multiple scoring opportunities as the game progressed, only to see them stopped by Olympia’s goalkeeper, Rachel Green."
"Prior to her senior year, the 5-foot-5 Green was a three-year member of the junior varsity team, and got her first varsity experience during the second half of the Bears’ state playoff game against eventual-champion Eastlake last season. She finished Tuesday’s game with eight saves...
“That game goes to her,” Effland said. “It should not have been a shutout, but Rachel stopped those shots.”
I always knew my sister was a good goalie, but it turns out she's proven herself capable of a lot more! (She isn't however 5-foot-5, but you didn't hear that from me!)
Now, about cub scouts. Daniel and I were asked to be Den Leaders for the Wolfs (8 year old boys) in our ward's cub scout program. I always hated going to pack meetings for my brothers, and couldn't believe we had to do cub scouts in our ward. I kept dragging my feet and complaining while Daniel was a surprisingly good sport about it. Well, on Tuesday night, we had our first Den meeting. I went, I helped, and I even wore the shirt. Yes, Daniel bribed me, but I still wore the dreaded khaki shirt with who knows how many patches and emblems (This shirt was found in Daniel's parent's attic (I'm not sure who's it was originally, because I would never in a million years go spend money on a new presentable scout shirt!) Anyway, all in all, cub scouts wasn't nearly as bad as I'd worried it would be. It was actually kind of enjoyable. The kids played some get to know you games, and really the eight year old boys weren't nearly as sweaty/sticky/hyper/stinky as I thought they would be. They were actually kind of cute.
Lastly, we've been on a pizza making kick lately. Our best creation this far is our Pesto Delight. (I just made up that name). It has pesto (obviously) with mozzarella, Colby jack, Parmesan and olives on top. It's really quite delicious and it's fun making our own pizzas. Anyone who wants to try it can come over and we'll make pizza for you!
4 comments:
The more I read about you the more we have in common! We also love making our own gourmet pizzas. And I can totally relate with cub scouts. That's fun that you get to do it together. I was called as the Wolf leader a year and had the exact same feelings. After I learned how to do it though it really did get a lot better and was fun. The 8-year-olds are so cute and excited. I never did wear the shirt though. Call me a rebel! I'm sure you guys will do a great job.
If I ever get called into scouting, I can honestly say, without hesitation, I will turn it down. Maybe even run from the Bishop's office screaming...
We need a picture of you in the scout shirt though - you know the rule, "Pictures, or it didn't happen!" Daniel, can you help out there?
Finally: When are we invited for Pesto Delight Pizza?
My first thought while reading about Rachel was, five foot five??? Thanks for clearing THAT up. When Donald was a kid (around age 10 I think)I was an assistant scout leader. Which meant I showed up every week at Sister Erickson's house and helped out with whatever they were doing that week. It was fun and I wasn't the one in charge so I actually quite enjoyed it. I'm not a pizza fan really and haven't been for years but I am discovering veggie type pizzas. They can be really good. One day maybe I will have a chance to try Pizza La Guglielmo.
I did 11 year old scouts when we first were married...it was a blast!
And homade Pizza is the best! It is even better if you are able to find a Pizza place that will sell you some of their dough. Then it can be spectacular.
And congrats to Rachel. That is SO cool!
Post a Comment