Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Zip Codes

So far I'm really enjoying my new job. There is still a lot to learn, but I like the people I work with, and it is a new challenge. I will have significantly less free time (which will hopefully make the day go by more quickly) once I'm fully trained, but for now, I've still got some extra time on my hands, which leaves me opportunity to play one of my favorite games. This is a made up game, but it is still fun. On MSN, there is a weather link. One of my favorite things to do is punch in random five digit number combinations and see which ones are real zip codes. When my random numbers actually locate a real city somewhere, I get to see where it is, and what the weather is like. I also find out about towns I never knew existed. Has anyone out there heard of Tom Bean, Texas? or Whatley, Alabama? I hadn't either, but now I have. Try it sometime...if you enjoy random facts, and trivial pieces of information, this game may be for you!

4 comments:

Em and Ms said...

What a fun game. It is fun to learn about new places. Too bad I don't have free time like you!

SuzanSayz said...

That does sound fun. I use to like to go to MSN's white pages and type in random names and see how many people would turn up. Sometimes I would make up really weird, wacky names, and it's amazing how many times there would be someone named that.If you ever get bored with the zipcode game you can try the phone book game.

Lisa Christine said...

Now that soudns entertaining! I will definately give it a try!

SuzanSayz said...

Alicia, my dear niece. I have just tagged you. Hopefully this will be fun for you. It's not all that big of an assignment. For clearification go see my new post.
Love Aunt Susan