Thursday, January 21, 2010

I feel like a scrooge.

Sometimes, more often than I care to admit, I fantasize about putting in my two weeks notice and leaving for good.
Sometimes I hate my job.
Sometimes I take it personally when a parent calls, upset that I wasn't more courteous or patient with their son or daughter.
Sometimes I'm even less patient with that parent who criticizes the way I'm doing my job.
I'm patient with people all day long. If a student gets upset and needs to call home to mommy when I ask a simple question about their tuition, they've got a lot of growing up to do...and it's my opinion that at least some of this should have been done before college.
Sometimes I dream about being independently wealthy and never working here again.
And that's the end of my vent.

2 comments:

SuzanSayz said...

Alicia, if I ever win a huge lottery, I plan to spread the wealth among all of my directly related family. That WOULD absolutely include ALL of my siblings and nieces and nephews.
Too bad I never buy tickets.
tee hee hee.
I do feel for you though. The few times I've ever thought of becoming gainfully employed during my 33 years of marriage, I cringe. I don't think I could ever handle having to be at a certain place at a certain time and have to answer to someone with the actual title of BOSS. Don't feel bad about how bad you feel at times about your job. You are obviously meant to be a stay home mom, and I know that you are going to be a terrific one!
Always remember; "This too shall pass"
Well, and that old chestnut,
"What doesn't kill you makes you stronger.
You, my sweet niece, are truly going to be one of the strong ones!
And how blessed and lucky are those dear little spirits just waiting to join your loving family.

Brent and Nicole said...

Brent and I think up ideas of how to become independently wealthy every day. I just want to create a business or invention so I never have to work or look for work again. Too bad it'll probably never happen. I feel for you about the students. At BYU, I used to get calls from parents complaining their kid got a C in a class when they had "worked so hard". People need to get a grip and grow up if they are in college.

On a site note, we need to hang out!