Pregnancy this time...
Has been much less nerve wracking than I worried it would be. Not to say I haven't been worried and nervous. It just wasn't extreme. I figured I'd be a crying mess the majority of the first trimester. I really wasn't. I was surprisingly calm and peaceful about the whole thing. Except for when I get the results of my thyroid tests back. Each time they seem to get worse, and each time I worry. Each time the midwives assure me that the baby is fine, it's my body that's adjusting (slowly).
I have been more nauseous. I even threw up once (I know it's gross, but it's kind of like a badge of honor!) I still don't have much of an appetite, and I'm incredibly picky, but not nauseous anymore. I wouldn't however, recommend a cruise during the first trimester. Even if it's the tail end of the first trimester. Something about the rocking of the ship made the morning sickness much worse. I ate a lot of rice krispies on the cruise. My family enjoyed the food a lot more than I did. It's a mystery to me that I could train for and complete a sprint triathlon last summer and not lose a pound, but something about being pregnant for 4 months has helped me lose 6 or 7.
Even though I've lost weight, I'm starting to look pregnant, much more quickly than I expected. I went to Ross last weekend and got some maternity clothes. On Sunday I wore a cute new top and embraced my new look. Even if it's earlier than I'd planned, and let's be honest, it's not all that noticeable, I'm loving it. I think it's a relief for Daniel that I'm enjoying this time and these changes.
I'm very much looking forward to feeling this baby move in the next couple of weeks. I keep trying to pay really close attention to that general area, but I'm still waiting. Patiently.
I'm trying to remember that each day is a blessing, and I don't want to wish this by too quickly.
3 comments:
Crazy part is that you've probably felt the baby, but one day you'll be like "oh, so that was the baby!" I remember feeling it but it took a while to be sure. I love it! Keep us all updated, it reminds me of everything because I've already forgotten. So just like you said, don't wish it away! It's all great, even the bad parts! Congrats again!
You looked adorable on Sunday--I asked my mom--is she expecting?? because, you're right, it's just barely getting noticeable and we all know it's not a good idea to ask unless you're sure! Congratulations!!
I need to check out your blog more often. I'm so happy to find out that you are expecting. Aunt Rosalie
Post a Comment