Thursday, July 8, 2010

my plan of attack

For the first time all summer, it has been hot! I love summer, and I don't want to complain about the sunshine or heat.  So I've been creating a plan of attack for surviving the long hours stuck at my desk

For those who don't remember, I work in an old brick building and when the sun comes out, it's a lot like an oven.  On these warm summer days, it's hard to stay cool at work.  Yesterday I tried my luck with an icee from Target. It was good, but melted really quickly, and wasn't quite what I was looking for.  Today on my lunch break, I had to get gas, and since the Costco closest to my work, is conveniently close to Jamba Juice, and I had a $1 off coupon, and a gift card I couldn't resist.  I didn't even mind waiting in line for Gas at Costco, as I got to enjoy the air conditioning a little longer.  I'm also looking forward to a meeting in an air conditioned building in an hour.

More than any of that however, I'm looking forward to 5:00, when I can get off work and go swim at my parents pool.  I went last night for an hour and a half and it was quite refreshing.

Here's to hoping the sunshine sticks around for the weekend for more swimming!

2 comments:

Heidi D said...

Sorry I haven't commented, but I do read your blog.

A HUGE congratulations on the pregnancy! I'm so excited for you guys. :))

Swimming sounded so good when I was in Kennewick. It was sooo hot. It reached 107!!!

Lisa Christine said...

I always loved swimming when I was pregnant...so relaxing!