Friday, November 26, 2010

A Hannah update




I uploaded a bunch of pictures of Hannah to facebook a couple of days ago, but for those without facebook, here's a picture of my darling daughter!

At two weeks old, she weighed 8 pounds, which means she gained a pound in less than two weeks.  It makes sense, considering how often she likes to eat.  I love to see her plumping up, so I don't mind too much.  It would be great however, if she would sleep on her own.  She loves to be held, and I love to hold her, so we're trying to find a balance between cuddling and sleeping on her own during nap time and at night.  It's still a work in progress, but she's still so new to life that I have to remember she's still just adjusting and learning.

At three weeks, she loves to lay on the floor and talk.  She especially loves to talk to her Grandpa.  My dad has always been so good with babies, and I can already tell Hannah is going to love him.  Daniel and I left Hannah with my parents a couple of nights ago so we could run an errand, and when we got back, my dad was reading a baby book with Hannah, and she was so intent on the experience. 

I don't have a lot of experience with newborns, but as far as I can tell, this one's just about perfect...(assuming she'll get night time sleeping down eventually!)

5 comments:

The Reynolds said...

Hannah is seriously so darling! I want to just hold her. You make me want one that little and perfect. I'm sure you are a great Mom. And it's true, you have to force yourself to put them down. But it's so hard because you want to hold them and love them! Congrats again, I'm so happy for you!

Cindy Brinkerhoff said...

I agree, perfect in every way!

Jenni said...

I was so glad to finally see her on Sunday! She is beautiful. That head of hair is amazing.

Heidi D said...

I knew your dad would be a good grandpa.

I'll have to pop on over to Jeff's facebook and look at those pictures.

Lisa Christine said...

I think she is absolutely gorgeous!