I've been in a bit of a blogging rut as of late. There hasn't been anything really blog-worthy going on in our lives, so there has been a distinct absence of posts.
There are however several small things that I will use to make this post an attempt at interesting.
I have been crocheting. A lot. I've gotten half way through a baby blanket I'm making for a friend, and I'm about a foot maybe more into a regular sized blanket for me. I've gotten into this crocheting thing mostly because I've also gotten into Gilmore Girls. I know I'm about seven or eight years too late, but Rachel had borrowed season 1 from a friend, and while house/Pippin/garden sitting for my family while they're vacationing, I have been watching episode after episode, finally understanding why everybody loves that show. I now need to see if I can track down season two so I can finish my projects.
I have also been enjoying my parents garden. Their blueberries are perfect right now, and I LOVE having access to fresh fruit!
Daniel and I were called to teach the sunbeams class at church. This has been an interesting experience to say the least. Yesterday was our second class together, and I feel so inadequate as a teacher. I have no idea how to teach squirmy little three year olds (even if the topic is just "I'm thankful for my ears"). Especially when they're all boys...and when there are seven of them. It was somewhat more chaotic than I thought church would be, but I guess that's expected.
All in all, we're doing well. Daniel is still enjoying his classes, and being in school. I'm loving my summer work schedule. Last week the Dean was gone, and the Director began her cross country road trip, so the assistant director gave me a very flexible schedule which involved me leaving 2-3 hours early most days last week. I've also got a flex day tomorrow, so Daniel and I are planning on meeting his dad at Intel for lunch. I've heard they have an excellent cafeteria...and we're going to discuss Daniel's options about whether computer engineering or electrical engineering would be a better choice for the long run. I tend to tune out most of the conversation when they get talking about things like that (it gets a little too technical and over my head) but I should probably try to pay attention tomorrow.
Enjoy the sun, and stay tuned for more posts this week (hopefully)!
4 comments:
Gee Alicia, I thought that was a very newsy post. I've always thought they should put the young single adults in charge of either the nursery or the sunbeams. What better way to show them how demanding small children can be. I'm sure that you and Daniel are doing an admirable job, and I bet it makes it easier to put off having kids until the schooling is done. Hee Hee. Lisa has all the Seasons of GG. She is probably their biggest fan in the whole world. Maybe you could borrow from her. Are you and Daniel coming to Lake Mason this weekend? We are going to be there, and it really won't feel complete without you and Daniel!!!
I've been in the same blogging rut, only for different reasons... We've been SO busy, doing SO many things that would normally make it up onto the blog, and everything's just melting together into a dull roar, and I feel numb to trying to pick out the true highlights... Add to that, that work has been totally busy and I just don't ever have time to even read blogs, let alone leave comments or write my own!
Phew! That's the most typing I've done (that wasn't work-related) in a long time!
Glad you guys are doing well - you and Cindy can crochet together next Conference! :)
That's awesome that you started crocheting!!! I love doing that when I get stressed, but I haven't done it lately. Sounds like you guys are loving life still, I hope all is well!
I am happy to hear that you are crotcheting, I don't ahev any projects going right now. i was makign washclothes but have since gotten sucked into the Twilight series... I mean totally sucked in! I am sure you and daniel are great teachers, it will get easier as you learn the kids! You are awesome, see you tonight!
Post a Comment