Thursday, July 24, 2008

Pioneer Day

If I'm not mistaken, today is July 24th, which happens to be pioneer day. This isn't a big deal in Washington, but in other parts of the country (and by that I mean mostly Utah and Idaho) there are parades, and celebrations and ward breakfasts and other festivities. I don't have a day off to remember my pioneer ancestors, but I'm grateful for them nonetheless. I appreciate that they were willing to walk across the country for the things they believed in. I can only imagine what they went through during that journey, and I'm always in awe when I hear their stories, and read about their lives. Today I'm remembering the pioneers who did more than I think I could have, they sacrificed pretty much everything for the truth, and for that I'm grateful!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like your new page! Very cute. I miss the parade in Salt Lake. And the fireworks. It is bigger than the 4th down there.

Lisa Christine said...

Fabulous new layout!!! I especially love the colors!

I enjoyed your thoughts on pioneer day. I grew up in SoCal and then moved here, so I never experienced the huge pioneer day to-do that you are referring to. But I've heard it's huge.

SuzanSayz said...

Love the new look Alicia. I think that you should still have a wedding picture up though. I really liked that picture. It could just be a small picture in the corner somewhere.
And also don't fool yourself. You would have gone through every single one of those hardships that the Pioneers went through. And you would have been thankful for the opportunity. I know that because I have watched you grow up and I know that you are just that kind of person.

SuzanSayz said...

Oh Alicia, my little protege (why on earth don't we have real accent marks on keyboards??? I wonder if they do in France?) How very touching that you and your fellow work mates were so kind to not darken the door of the "Now Get Out of Here" Party for the Nasty one. I am just more immpressed with you every day. Now go out and get em you little TIGER you.

Cindy Brinkerhoff said...

I love the new page lay out,its very sweet! You have an eye girl for the pretty things. I have only just began to learn about my ancestery (sp?) and it is very cool to hear what they went through. I love your post and the gratefulness you have, it truly came through.
I am with Suzan, I liked seeing your and Daniles lovely faces each time I visit.