Wednesday, July 2, 2008

I've been stuffing envelopes all day, and decided it was time for a lunch break! Nothing too exciting has been happening this week, but I'm excited about the 4th of July!

I've been thinking a lot about this holiday, and I have decided it is very favorite, besides christmas and my birthday. I love the summer weather, fireworks, fresh summer food, and being outside with my family. These things together, as well as memories of past 4th's spent with cousins and aunts and uncles make me so excited for this weekend.

Daniel and I have been gearing up for the 4th, by eating Watermelon, and getting our swim stuff ready, and even venturing out to get Daniel flip flops. We were at Old Navy last night (because where else do you find flip flops for $3.50??) and we found the perfect pair, and headed to check out. By the time we reached the front of the store, the line was out of control, and Daniel decided he didn't need flip flops that bad. After a couple trips to other stores, but still no flip flops, we headed home in defeat...I may go back tonight and wait in line without him. He's like a 4 year old in clothes stores anyway, and if I go by myself, I can get some other shopping done without feeling like I'm dragging a small child around the store. I love him, but he's definitely not the best shopping buddy.

At 3:00 today we're having a ribbon cutting in our office at work. We're way ahead of deadlines this year, and my office has decided to celebrate. We're having cheesecake with fresh strawberries and whipped cream! Yum! (good thing I'm back on my gym routine)

3 comments:

Mike 'n' Cindy Brinkerhoff said...

I'm more excited about this year's 4th than I have been in many years!!

I think we should have a ribbon cutting and cheesecake eating ceremony at my office today too... not gonna happen, but it SHOULD!!

SuzanSayz said...

I hate to admit it Alicia, but I have turned around and left many a store when I see the checkout lines. It's funny too, because if I go to another store to try to get the same thing, and I quite often do, I realize that the time it takes me to do that is much longer than if I had just waited in line. I don't know though there's something about accepting and then standing in that monster line that feels a little too much like giving in.

Lisa Christine said...

I can't wait for this weekend!! I am sure it will be a blast :)

OK, so about shopping with husbands...I have the exact opposite problem. Donald is a shopoholic!!! He LOVES clothes. And he loves trying on clothes, even if he knows that he doesn't get to buy it all. I am so not like that. In fact, I have been known to send Donald out clothes shopping for me...isn't that terrible? But it works for us :)

Enjoy the cheesecake and strawberries!