Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Mexican Food

It's late, and I should be sleeping...instead I'm cuddling a kitten that won't stop meowing outside the bedroom door. After my post earlier this afternoon, things at work went down hill really really fast, and ended with a very hard misunderstanding/just plane careless worker from another office...all directed at me in a very public way. The details aren't important, things were said without thought that perhaps they might be offensive and rude, and I ended up in the Dean's office, with him apologizing over and over for the remarks of this very careless, inappropriate employee.

Hours later, the comments which were made still bother me, and I can't sleep. Of all the things that stick out about today, the lesson I'm learning is that the girls in my office are the best. I couldn't ask for better co-workers. They stood up for me 100%, and my boss was a better advocate for me than I ever expected. After said incident with rude employee, she marched right down to the Dean, and gave him such a lecture for letting things progress to where they had, and he responded appropriately. So today I'm grateful for co-workers who have turned into true friends, Daniel, who is tirelessly understanding even when I cry my eyes out, and Mexican food...the greatest way to eat one's feelings.

Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day (I've been given the OK to wear jeans because of yesterday's fiasco, so things are looking up already), and hopefully little Skipper cat will stop meowing, and I'll be able to fall asleep quickly. I know this post was cryptic, but I think I'm writing more for me, than for my limited audience at this point. So if you're interested beyond a casual smile and nod at my therapeutic attempts to calm my mind...just ask.

4 comments:

Mike 'n' Cindy Brinkerhoff said...

I'll ask... tonight over fireworks! Sorry to hear about your horrible experience, but it's the low points that help you recognize the high points in your life, and you now know that your co-workers and boss are definite high points in your life!

So what'd you get to eat??

SuzanSayz said...

Oh Alicia that really is too bad. I just can't imagine anyone being so nasty to you. I have always thought of you as the live version of the little, doe eyed, Cindy-Lou-Who, who is so sweet and cute and likeable that it makes it that much more reprehensive that the Grinch did his nasty stuff to her. It's funny (and I realize my methods are not appropriate for the work environment) But I just posted a blog on ways to be effectively nasty to people who really need it. And one of my blogging buddies left a comment telling me about someone awful who she has to work under. I guess this is the price people sometimes pay to keep a job. Of course on the BRIGHT side , YOU get to wear JEANS!!!
Love you. And hopefully today will be a brighter day.

Lisa Christine said...

Alicia, I am so sorry that you were treated poorly. I am glad that you were able to find comfort in your friends, husband, and mexican food. I am pretty sure that mexican food can help in any situation :) Take care.

Brent and Nicole said...

I'm so sorry that happened at work. That is awesome that you have great friends who will stick up for you. I hope that the Mexican soothed your troubled mind, we just had enchiladas and they were delicious. Hope all is well and you had a great 4th!