A year ago, I was here:
Excited about this:




I've officially been a college grad for a year now. Here are a few things I've been contemplating.- Afternoon naps were something to be treasured...they no longer happen with a full time job.
- College life has a certain sort of simplicity to it. Of course we were poor, and had worries, but it seems like most of my concerns were all school related.
- Now that I'm done, I occasionally wonder why I worked so hard to get done so fast. Sometimes being a grown up isn't all that fun!
- Working full time leaves a lot of free time in the evening. Which should mean I have a cleaner apartment...
- Best of all, I have accomplished a major goal. I worked hard, and enjoyed the ride, and am now at a different, more grown up point in life. So I'll enjoy where I am now, but remember college fondly. I loved BYU-Idaho, and Rexburg was an adventure. I had good friends, and met Daniel there. The Rexburg Taco Time was the best in the whole world, Craigo's had the most delicious pizza, and there was a SONIC. (Sonic is one thing that gives Vancouver a boost on the decision scale). We lived so close to Smith park, that we took walks around the park around dusk each night, dodging sprinklers, and talking about our not so distant futures. Life was simple, and life was sweet.
4 comments:
Wow, that year went quickly! Congratulations on your first year of post-grad life... We should get together and celebrate or something! =)
Looks like you have learned some great wisdom in the past year! Isn't it the truth that we are always in a hurry to get through things, and then later on wonder what the hurry was all about.
Congrats on one year!
Alicia, This was a really nice post. And it is so nice to see someone so young figuring out some of life's great truths so early on. It really is about the journey not the destination. Not that the destination isn't important, but if you do well on the journey, you won't really need to worry about the destination.
That's so awesome you graduated a year ago. I am so excited to graduate in a couple of weeks, but kind of nervous to be a complete grown-up and get a full-time job. Sounds like you guys are doing so well! Let me know what you decide to do with regards to a house!
Post a Comment