I just got back from watching Mama Mia, and I now sit here wondering why I am not in the middle of a musical. I'd love to go through life with a soundtrack and be a part of the singing and dancing. I know this seems very much unlike the Alicia most of you know, but the "Alicia that lives in my head, in a world where people don't judge your singing or dancing ability" (alter ego perhaps) would love nothing more than to be in a musical world...I'd even be the star!
I had such a hard time not singing along in the theater, and I now want to go buy the soundtrack to sing along with in the car. As I write, I'm listening to songs on youtube...(which will work for the time being).
My favorite musicals are:
- Wicked
- Camelot
- Mama Mia
- The Sound of Music
- Children of Eden
What are yours?
9 comments:
Got a copy of ABBA's greatest hits here for ya! =)
It's not your fault. Your mom used to be the same way. She would just burst into song at the drop of a hat. (Camelot is my favorite)
Aunt Janice
Alicia, you need to see this! Our cousin Matt's wife (he's Phylis' son) has had the same dream you do, and found an improv everywhere stunt where they did it! The song's pretty bad, but then it's a musical!
Click Here!
My favorites are Jekell and Hyde and The Secret Garden, I also really enjoyed Le'Miserab (sp?)I didn't know you fancied the Theatre' my dear. We should have a date and go see one soon!
oh yeah and where are things at with the fork?
I love Mary Poppins and The Sound of Music! Aren't musicals great! Too bad I can't sing......
Like Lisa, I would list Sound of Music and Mary Poppins. But probably my two favorites are Hairspray and Chicago. Hmmm, I guess I can't think of a fifth. I would love it if life were a musical too. Can I be in your musical? I promise to let you be the lead. I will be quite happy to do a turn in a co-starring roll. I can be the crazy eccentric old auntie.
Have you seen that video on youtube when the people in the food court break out into a musical? It is funny stuff, you should check it out!
Have you seen that video on youtube when the people in the food court break out into a musical? It is funny stuff, you should check it out!
Hey The Donald, that's the video I linked to in my first comment!
Hey Alicia - TAG!! Six Words on You. (see my blog if you don't have a clue what I'm talking about)
Post a Comment