Friday, July 3, 2009

A good night

After two years, my brother Nathan returned from his mission in Berlin, Germany. Last night was pretty fun because we all got to go meet him at the airport.

We did a lot of waiting before he came up the escalator.

Some of us were patiently waiting...others were about to call church head quarters and ask where her son might be since he didn't seem to come out with the rest of his flight.


More waiting. Daniel was the photographer.

Rachel was texting.
The whole family. This time it's true, and I'm not forgetting any siblings. Nathan had a really late flight in, so by the time we got home last night, it was past midnight. We all went to bed without really visiting too much, after all it had been a very long day for him. We spent most of today catching up, and so far it has been fun hearing stories and looking at pictures and hearing all about Germany.

6 comments:

Cindy Brinkerhoff said...

Welcome Home Nathan!

Glad he finally showed up, I wouldn't want to be on the recieving end of that phone call to church headquarters!

Thayne and Verlene said...

Tell Nathan welcome home. We will look forward to seeing him sometime.

Mike 'n' Cindy Brinkerhoff said...

It was great talking to Nathan yesterday, and I'm looking forward to seeing him today!

SuzanSayz said...

Darned, if he doesn't look just like a returned missionary. It's hard to believe that two years have gone by that quickly. I hope you all get LOTS of time for catching up, and I bet Nathan is thrilled to be back in time for the Fourth!

Diane Burnett said...

He looks so great! You all do! Thanks for the post!!

Heidi D said...

Yay! Welcome home Nathan! I want to hear good German stories too.