After a surprisingly good day at work, I was in my car leaving the parking lot. In an attempt to be grateful for the good day that I had, I said a silent prayer of thanks. Thanks that my Friday was productive, quick, enjoyable, and that my day was good.
Less than two minutes later an idiot pickup pulls out in front of me. (For those who don't know, Daniel and I own a Hummer 3.) I didn't have enough time to slow down for this careless driver, and I hit his pick up with my Hummer. We both acknowledged that it was his fault, but he doesn't have insurance. It's a lame situation. (don't even get me started on uninsured motorists)
It was more lame, sitting nervously in an urgent care room for an hour and a half (thankfully everything is fine with the baby!). Secretly I was hoping they'd have to do an ultrasound to confirm everything is OK, and that I might be able to find out whether this baby is a 'he-tus' or a 'she-tus'. Alas, for exactly a month more, it would appear that our baby will remain a gender neutral fetus.
To make everything more OK, and because it was 10:00 and I hadn't eaten since lunch time, Daniel and I got taco time. The realization I've come to, is that when a crappy time threatens to get the best of you, it's just fine to eat your feelings.
5 comments:
Wow... That sucks!! How much damage to the H3?
I've been hit by two different uninsured drivers - one of whom was also so drunk that he passed out at the scene. My rage against them is boiling for you...
I walked in the door this morning and Mike told me about this. He forgot to mention that you were ok first, and scared the crap out of me. I am glad you and the baby are ok and boy would I like to get my hands wrapped around that idiots neck! Maybe just a little squeeze 'till his eyeballs pop out!
I'm so glad you're okay! Sorry about your crappy night.
When Linda was pregnant with Emory she got t-boned by a teenager on a cell phone. Linda was the t uninsured driver in that one, and had to pay for everything, so maybe things will work out ok for you too! glad to hear everything ins ok
Glad to hear that you are okay. STu and I got in a similar type car accident when I was a week away from delivering Geoff. Amazingly, I didn't go into labor from the stress.
Post a Comment