When I was pregnant with Hannah, and nervous throughout the first few months, I got an at home doppler so I could listen to her little heart beat whenever I wanted. From about nine weeks on, it became a nightly ritual after my evening shower. I'd spread baby oil all over my lower stomach and put on my headphones and search. Before too long I'd find it and just soak it in. As the weeks progressed and the belly grew, that little heart beat became stronger and wiggly. We'd play a momma and baby game of hide and seek.
Tonight, as I was getting Hannah ready for bed, I paused for a second and put my ear against her chest. I heard that familiar little heart beating and beating. What a comforting sound. She's so full of life and light. I'm so blessed to be her mother. I think in the stillness of these shared moments, our hearts have been forever knit together.
 |
| tiny baby Hannah |
3 comments:
Very sweet post. :)
I'm so happy that you have the baby that you'd been dreaming of. She's also lucky to have you guys as parents.
I think my favorite baby sounds are when they start to coo and babble and especially when they laugh. Of course there is nothing better than hearing that precious little baby that you have enjoyed for a year or more finally say Mama!
Beautiful. This post was simply beautiful. (as is your little Hannah)
Post a Comment