Monday, March 14, 2011

To answer some questions

A couple of you had asked some questions about the great deals I got while couponing.  I will do my best to provide a little insight/answers.

1. Where do I get my coupons?  Some I get from my parents Sunday paper, but most of them I print from various coupon websites.  Instead of listing all the coupon websites, or searching through them each time I want to find a coupon, the easiest way is to check out the coupon blogs.  The Krazy Coupon Lady has lots of deals, and is updated very regularly.  She also has an awesome section under the link 'print coupons'.  This goes through a huge list of products alphabetically, and will link you through to any coupons available.  For instance, I needed to get aquaphor for poor Hannah (who like her mother, suffers from dry skin). I was able to print a coupon for Aquaphor using her website.  Another website, which has good deals, especially on groceries and happens to be local to where I'm at, is Queenbee Coupons.  This is another site which links to coupon printing websites.  Those are the two main blogs I use, along with my friend Alyshia and her sister Audrie's shopping blog.  They have been so helpful cluing me into deals I might have otherwise missed. 

2.  How do I get such good deals?  Really, I'm just a novice at this whole coupon thing.  I've gotten a couple of good deals, but there are so many more that I've missed.  The trick is to match manufacturer coupons with store coupons/sales. The best way to get good deals is to stay on top of the blogs.  Last weekend I was alerted by the blogs previously listed that Albertsons would be doing 'double coupons'.  They then listed the appropriate combination of coupons and where they could be found or printed, in order to get things free (like the sweet potato fries) or really cheap (like my eye shadow).  Albertsons is doing doublers again through tomorrow (if you don't get the Sunday paper, you can ask the customer service counter for a copy, to get the coupons), so I'm hoping to get some good finds again! I have been kind of busy with Hannah over the weekend so I haven't had much of a chance to put together a shopping list yet, so I'll be looking for deals tonight.

Like I said, I'm really a novice at this whole thing, but if you have questions/want to talk coupons, I'm up for it!

Unrelated: Hannah tried her first momsicle tonight.  It's a hit!

6 comments:

Heidi D said...

She tried a what? /8^*

Did you put your boob in the freezer for a bit before feeding her? :)

Heidi D said...

OK, I was on a fast for my blood work tomorrow. Sorry about that last comment, I was not censoring myself well enough. :)

It's now 1:30 am and I just finished a bowl of cereal...I'm a little more sane. You might even be up feeding the baby. Hi Alicia, hi Hannah!

Alicia said...

Heidi- a momsicle is just breast milk frozen like a popsicle...a little more comfortable than freezing myself. And yes, unfortunately I was up at 1:30...and again at 3:30. Such is life when they don't sleep through the night.

SuzanSayz said...

Frozen Breast Milk. Hmmm, I learn something new every day.
I've heard about those blogs I think I'll go check them out.

Heidi D said...

I was up again at 3:30 too. Jeff's in Seattle for training and it takes me a while to acclimated to him being gone.

Frozen breast milk, very cool. :) Literally.

Heidi D said...

The blog looks different, no? I like it..