There were several things which were just excellent about yesterday. I really had the best day ever. I woke up and just knew it was going to be good.
Number one on my list of things that made me super happy was that Daniel started class yesterday morning, and I am so grateful! Each class he takes is one class closer to when he graduates, and we get to move on from being poor students. I feel so good about this new step forward. It was great talking to him over dinner about the things they talked about, and what he thinks this quarter will be like. I only wish I'd taken some of my psychology classes with him at BYU-I. He had some funny theory about Freud and Bananas. I told him to share it with the class tomorrow. We'll see
. Another thing that totally made my day yesterday was my new addition to my desk at work. I got an early birthday present from my mother-in-law on Saturday. I've been doing research on orchids, and have always loved them. At costco they had really healthy looking exotic orchids, and I got one! It came to work with me yesterday, and just sat there looking happy and warm and summery all day. What a simple pleasure!
Another happy point yesterday was dinner. I thought there was nothing to make and we'd have to run to the grocery store. Fortunately I had a moment of brilliance and made delicious chicken enchiladas, and will now have something other than a sandwich or yogurt to eat for lunch today. Daniel and I recently decided to try cooking with a bell pepper, so we added some to our enchiladas, and it tasted great and added some pretty red.
After dinner my parents stopped by for a few minutes to see our baby kitties. These kittens are now three weeks old, and wandering all over. The one I call Ginger has even started climbing and trying to run. They're at such a cute stage now where the're still a little wobbly, but making daily improvements. I'll put pictures up soon. I just need to get batteries for my camera so I can turn it on long enough to use it.
Hope you're all having a terrific April 1st!
4 comments:
Those orchids are great... Ya know what else they sell at Costco?? BATTERIES!!! =) We want pics of the baby kitties!!!
Or I guess we could always come over and see them...
Hey Alicia, I am glad to hear you read my blog. It is nice to be noticed. Orchids are very nice flowers, just about as nice as having red bell peppers in enchiladas. I love cooking with bells. They add something to every meal.
Glad to hear that you guys are one step closer to no longer being poor college students.
Happy Wednesday to you.
~The Donald
Hi Alicia,
its Friday and I am finally getting around to reading the various blog sites. I love orchids, and am jealous that you have one and I don't!
So when are we invited over for the brilliant enchiladas you speak of?
Cindy
Post a Comment