Today I'm grateful for:
the freedoms I enjoy each day
a job with excellent coworkers
beautiful summer weather
summer skirts and shoes
fresh fruits and vegetables and
my parents letting us borrow their economy car while they're out of town.
I also have pretty much the best family in the world. Daniel and I got to go to my Uncle Richard's lake cabins for the 4th of July. I've been attending these activities for several years now, but this was by far the best. Somehow we had the right combination of people, and it was a blast. Even while we were just sitting around talking and laughing, I had tons of fun. I also had a chance to get to know my cousin Lisa and her beautiful daughters better. It was so fun to have a baby to hold, and sweet Elisabeth was the best!
My favorite part of the 4th of July was sitting with Daniel, wrapped up in a blanket watching the fireworks. It was so fun to be giddy with excitement as each one went off in the not so distant sky. I felt like a child, ooooohing and awwwwing with each explosion. Really though, what better way to celebrate our independence than with beautiful, powerful shows of light?
After the magnificent fireworks display which was well documented by my cousin Donald and uncle Mike, Daniel and I headed from Mason Lake to Gig Harbor to stay with his parents. We pulled in pretty late, but were able to enjoy Saturday with them. We did little snake fireworks with Emma, my darling 2 year old niece. It's always fun visiting Daniel's parents and getting our little kid fix for a while. On Saturday evening, we left Gig Harbor and headed over to Mike and Cindy's for an evening of Karaoke. We started out doing an American Idol Tournament, but it was slow going and could only include 8 people (mostly children with short attention spans). After calling the tournament a draw after my final performance of "Can't Hurry Love" which had a real 'twist' to it, we opened the game for quick play. We then got to enjoy Susan's rocking performance of "Satisfaction", Heidi and Jeff's amazing duet of "Bohemian Rhapsody", and several other disco, rock, pop and r&b hits. I had a wonderful time, and I'm so glad to have been surrounded by such amazing people. Really, my family is the best!
2 comments:
Oh man, I haven't lit off any snakes in ages!!
I am fully intending to post highlights from our 5th of July party too, but have had too much going on with friends and family to sit down and do it...
Great post, it is an honor to be included in the reasons you are blessed!
Alicia, I couldn't agree more. I loved getting to know Daniel. I had been told what a great guy he was but it was so much fun seeing for myself how great he is and what a darling and cute couple you two are. That's one of the things that is so great about being older, is getting to know your aunts and uncles in a new, more grown up way and for them to get to know you better too. I'm still a little bit hoarse from my rendition of Satisfaction but I wouldn't give up the memories of that night for anything.
Post a Comment