Thursday, July 3, 2008

Lunch with DAD

Today my dad came to Saint Martin's to have lunch with me. It probably wasn't a huge deal to him, but it meant a lot that he would pack a lunch and come sit with me on a bench and eat. I really enjoyed having him come and share a small part of my day. We talked about work, and other more enjoyable things, we saw the monks walking to lunch, and the ladies from the finance office on their smoke break. All normal things in my day to day routine, but it was fun to share.
After we were done eating and sharing the food we brought, we went for a walk and I showed him a few buildings. We went in the library (which I surprisingly hadn't visited), and ventured up the grand stair case. Today's weather isn't the nicest, especially compared to the last week, but it was comfortable to walk around in.

This is a picture of the building where I work. It was built in 1920 (?) and is really quite beautiful!

1 comment:

Cindy Brinkerhoff said...

I think this is a cool post! I'm glad you don't take these gifts of time from your dad for granted! How sweet your family is!

We sure had a great time with you and Daniel this weekend, thanks for hanging out!